Celebrating 40 years in Hamilton!
Unity was first introduced to Hamilton in 1937 and a home study group was formed not long after. The community grew and was incorporated as Christ Church Unity in March 1977. We've changed our name and location several of times since then: a building on Victoria Street, a retreat centre on Rosedene Avenue, an historic church in Stoney Creek. We are now happy to be back in the city centre in our new home shared with Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Over the years, our truth has traveled with us. Unity principles, values, vision and mission continue to be the foundation of our actions. By allowing them to inspire our actions, we live more abundant and meaningful lives.
A world powerfully transformed through the growing movement of shared spiritual awakening.
We teach and live spiritual principles that inspire shared awakening, transformation and service.
Our Core Values
We choose to live aware of Spirit expressing in, through and as us.
We evolve as we align with the unfolding of our Divine Essence.
We embrace all life with deep love and compassion.
We embrace all people as sacred expressions of the Divine
We compassionately serve our community and the world through our thoughts, words and actions.
Our 5 Basic Principles
- God is the one and only Source and creator of everything that exists. There is no other enduring power. God is not a being but an underlying Presence or Energy that is present everywhere.
- The Life of God lives in, through and as each person ; expressing uniquely in everyone. We are spiritual beings, having human experiences. We are all inherently good.
- We create our life experiences through our thoughts, beliefs and feelings and having created them, we can change them.
- Affirmative prayer works to deepen our connection to God and change our life experiences.
- We must live and share these spiritual principles in order to grow and make a difference in the world.